Monday, November 21, 2011

How do you get rid of chapped hands from the job you do? I have tried eveyhting from different lotions to diff

Throughout the day, apply Eucerin lotion whenever possible. At night, apply it again LIBERALLY and wear rubber gloves to bed.





Also, increase your water intake. It really does help more than you realize.





It'll take a few days, but you'll start to see/feel a difference.





Good luck.How do you get rid of chapped hands from the job you do? I have tried eveyhting from different lotions to diff
It looks like your question got chopped, so I'll send some general advice. I used to work with special education children in the classroom, and was always having to wash my hands and disinfect counters and such. Needless to say, my hands were always drying out real bad. However, I came up with a weird solution, but it worked.





I would take some latex (or poly) gloves, squirt some heavy duty hand lotion into them, rub some lotion onto my hands, then put the gloves onto my hands and squish the lotion around. I'd leave the gloves on my hands for about 15 to 30 minutes at a time. (Best to do when watching tv or laying back on the bed, as you can't use your hands until the process is over. Also, try to do when wearing casual clothing, as sometimes the lotion will start to run out of the gloves.)





When I took the gloves off, I'd then rub my hands until they started to dry. By that time, a lot of dead/dry skin would rub off in the process. I'd wash my hands to get rid of the old lotion and dead skin, then add some fresh lotion and rub until absorbed.





I'd repeat this for a couple of days, and in a very short while, the areas around the cracked skin soften up and allowed the cracks/sores to heal up.





I hope this suggestion is of some help for you. Best to probably use lotions without perfumes to keep from causing any extra irritation. If the problem persists, it might be wise to see a dermatologist to find out if there's a medical reason for the dryness of your hands.How do you get rid of chapped hands from the job you do? I have tried eveyhting from different lotions to diff
make a mixture of 2 tablespoons nut oil


and( one teaspoonful) fine sugar





In a saucer


Rub this, (gently ) into both hands leave for 5 minutes ,


then wash off, and pat dry


apply a good quality barrier cream


Do this twice a day .





Your chapped hands will heal ,


and feel wonderfully soft


also far less prone, to chapping in the future





%26gt;^,,^%26lt;
I've got another lotion for you to try: Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream. Apply it at night before going to bed. I'm linking you to their hand repair kit, which comes with the cuticle cream and some other stuff that I haven't tried.





G'luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment