Monday, November 21, 2011

Why do my hands get crackly dry after I wash them with soap? I use lots of lotion daily it doesn't help.?

You're probably very dehydrated. Drink plenty of water. And put on a heavy hand cream, not a lotion with more water than anything else. Clinique body butter is actually really good, or melaleuca renew lotion. But my all time favorite is actually put out by Bath and Body Works, it's a honey hand cream from their couvent des minimes line. It smells like honey because that's one of the main ingredients. Put the cream on while your hands are still damp, and it will trap the moisture and force it into your skin. Also, if you want to really attack the problem, take some sort of omega-3 fatty acids. One really good form is flax seed oil, you can buy the caplets at any health food store. What the fatty acids do is force your cells to take in more moisture, so you're combating the internal dehydration as well as the external visible signs of it.





If it doesn't get any better, go to a dermatologist. They have some serious topical treatments that kick dry skin in the butt.





One more thing, there's also a skin cleanser made especially for chapped hands, you can find it at Bath and Body works too. (Love that place!) It's called CO Bigelow Chapped Hands Cleanser. It smells really yummy and it actually makes your hands feel softer after you use it.Why do my hands get crackly dry after I wash them with soap? I use lots of lotion daily it doesn't help.?
Yeah coz soap dries the skin especially the hands wcoz you have to keep washing them. Best option is to buy your own hand wash if you don't have one and use it in iffice coz you sound as if your skin is originally dry so never never use any product that has soap or NaOH in it.Why do my hands get crackly dry after I wash them with soap? I use lots of lotion daily it doesn't help.?
I've always had problems with dry hands; i think that the best thing is to put on your hands every night a hand cream like vaseline.


I prefer ';Camphor Ice';, i think it helps me more then anything. It costs about the same as vaseline, and you can find it in any pharmacy.
You may have sensitive skin, or perhaps you don't tolerate cold, dry winter weather very well (like me), or you may be washing them too much. If you're being too rough on your hands, the amount of moisture you put back on them won't help a whole lot. Try taking more Vitamin E, and start using a stronger, more expensive type of lotion. I suggest Gold Bond Medicated, Dura Cream or Corn Huskers Lotion. Commercial fisherman %26amp; surgeons swear by Corn Huskers Lotion. (Sorry, that's not meant to be an advertisement; it's just what I've found to be true. I'm not a lotion representative!) =)
If you use antibacterial soap, stop. It is extremely drying for the skin. Choose a gentle soap, and try moisurizing after each time you wash your hands (when practical). I tried a lot of different good lotions and have had the best luck with Palmer's Lotion with Cocoa Butter. Good luck.
Try using a soap that is not as strong, without as much antibacterial stuff in it. I recommend using aquaphor, it is like vaseline. You might have psoriasis, which is an overgrowth of skin.
use cocoa butter lotion.


and washing your hands a lot isn;t good for you.


maybe its the soap ur using that ur hands or skin aren't really cooroperatting well?
Try a different lotion until one works for you. Body butter's work very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment