Monday, November 21, 2011

I have alway had dry hands, even growing up. I always use moisturiser/lotions etc.?

I always wonder if this is some kind of deficiency from birth or its just my skin type. I used to avoid holding hands, especially with men, I tend to give them the tip of my hands if I have shake hands! I'm not fixated or anything, just curious - maybe someone has an answer!I have alway had dry hands, even growing up. I always use moisturiser/lotions etc.?
You might have excema... thatz what I have.


As soon as you get out of the shower, or wash your hands, you shud put a thin coat of vaseline on, you'll see that you won't have flaky hands ne more.





Also, some causes of dry skin are...





The oil glands do not supply enough lubrication to the skin. As a result, the skin becomes dehydrated.





Skin gets exposed to the elements especially in winter.





Dry skin could be due to a genetic condition.





Poor diet. Nutritional deficiencies, especially deficiencies of vitamin A and the B vitamins, can also contribute to dry skin.





Environmental factors such as exposure to sun, wind, cold, chemicals, or cosmetics, or excessive bathing with harsh soaps.





Conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, or seborrhea.





Also, you should see a darmatologist, because it might be a disease.I have alway had dry hands, even growing up. I always use moisturiser/lotions etc.?
HEY! I know how you feel. I get extremely dry hands (mainly from washing them too much), and the best thing for me is Aveeno unscented hand lotion ;-) I keep a bottle at home, and a travel bottle in my purse. Kiehls hand cream works very well too, and it's unscented and won't dry out your hands.


My boyfriend got me the spa gloves from Bath %26amp; body works, and I use them for 30 minutes when my hands get severely dry, and it works WONDERS!
I had the same problem when I was younger. I suggest you drink more water, and take fish oil tablets.
Get Hemp Hand Protection, from The Body Shop, works wonders!
Dry skin is usually a deficiency in diet. If you eat a lot of salads and light food, try eating more breads, and balanced whole foods. Moisturizer, over time, makes it worse. You're skin will stop secreting the natural oils since it is now over taken by the moisturizer.
I have this problem too. You have apply moisturizer several times during the day. Use rubber gloves for dishwashing, housecleaning, and any other situation where your hands will be in hot water and/or soap, such as washing the car. Apply skin moisturizer at night before going to bed. I heard you should apply lots of lotion, then wear cotton gloves to bed but that doesn't sound comfortable to me.





I do notice the difference when I user moisturizer frequently and rubber gloves for all washing chores.
Drink lots of water everyday!!
try aquaphor ointment----put it on at night and wear gloves or socks over your hands for the night. Have you considered eczema or an allergy?

No comments:

Post a Comment