Monday, November 21, 2011

Very dry and calloused skin on my hands. I've tried many different lotions. None have worked.?

I've even tried the gold bond healing crap and that don't work. And neither does that cow nipple stuff. Please help someone. My hands get to the point where they are so dry that they hurt.Very dry and calloused skin on my hands. I've tried many different lotions. None have worked.?
Inner leaf gel of the Aloe Vera plant. This is in its live cell form.Very dry and calloused skin on my hands. I've tried many different lotions. None have worked.?
you can use the fresh gel of Aloe vera twice a day ,you might get unpleasant smell but don't wash it wait tell it is absorbed by your skin,while treatment with aloe vera avoid using any perfume or alcohol based.
Avon skin-so-soft rejuvenating peel-off hand mask. I use it 1st,then the hand cream. Use the hand cream after each time your hands have been in water(hand washing,dish washing,etc...) %26amp; at nights with gloves on at bedtime. That always works for me,but my son has very dry %26amp; cracked skin,esp in the winter %26amp; he has to get a prescription for his skin problem. Hope this helps. I really have had a lot of help from my dry hands from having them in water a lot %26amp; from just dry skin itself,%26amp; the avon hand mask really does help.
You may have a skin condition. Go and see your doctor about it, they can prescribe an anti-fungal or something.
Corn huskers is the best I have ever used and I use that on my heels in winter because they get so dry they crack open.
Buy a stick of St. Helenes 100 % pure cocoa butter. It's about $2 at drugstores and is a heavy duty moisturizer.
use johnsons body oil and cetaphil lotion or body butter
I now use an all natural lotion through Shaklee call Enfuselle that works great. It has a triple patented vital repair complex that is second to none. If you want more info mail me back. You can also og through my website at www.shaklee.net/aj_lee


Thanks,


Jake
I think you should probably go to a dermatologist, but you might also want to try removing some of the dead skin and then applying a strong moisturizer or even vaseline. I have heard people use cuticle cream in areas and per the instructions on the box to remove the dead skin, then use heavy moisturizer and wear moisturizing gloves.





Wear the gloves to bed to keep your hands super hydrated.
Corn Huskers is good, but you could try baby oil straight at night with gloves when you go to bed. You could try sloughing off the old skin with a pumice stone (found in cosmetic aisle) and then moisturize. It is best to use the stone with water and while your skin is softer, like during a shower. Use the stone while in the shower and then you have dried off and are ready for bed, then put on your moisturizer and gloves.





If you want to give the bag balm (cow nipple stuff) another try, then try getting a bunch out and smear it on the front and back of your hands and just watch TV and let it soak in. My dad is a mason and during the winter his hands get so dried out from the mortar they crack. This has worked for him many times.





If that does not work, then see a dermatologist.
  • korres
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment