Friday, August 20, 2010

My hands are always dry and lotion is getting pointless...?

all around my third knuckles my skin is kind of white and really really dry. I put lotion on them but then they are dry the next day. The rest of my hands are okay. I crack my knuckles a lot and bend my fingers backwards as well. Is this the cause? And how do i prevent it?My hands are always dry and lotion is getting pointless...?
HI Lauren





Rememeber 80% of our body is made up of water and if you dont drink at least 1 gallon day then you will have issues with dry skin amounst other issues.





best of health to you.





CheersMy hands are always dry and lotion is getting pointless...?
What you do with your hands probably doesn't help. I have extremely dry skin. I find that using lotion right after you wash your hands (every time) helps. I also find that the best cream for me is Aveeno. That is the only one that has helped. Also, you can use Vaseline or a lotion on your hands, and cover them with cotton gloves and wear them to sleep. You can buy the gloves at Bed, Bath and Beyond, or some place like that.
I don't know if this will work for you but I swear by this one for dry cracked skin.


Just before bed wash your hands in warm water with a mild soap. Next, slather on the Vaseline and put on a clean pair of cotton gloves. Wear them all night if possible.


You'll be surprised how soft your hands get.
Stop cracking your knuckles, harder said than done, I know my mom told me a hundred times if she told me once. On the dry hands....get vaseline, rub it in your hands at night before you go to sleep and get some soft cotton gloves to wear over the vaseline. It shouldn't take more than a week for you to see improvement. Good Luck and seriously dont't crack your knuckles they get really bigger later on in life. AAAHHHHH!
you should try to put on hand cream on a ever night
Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and use a face pack of ripe bananas and honey. You can find more cheap, effective and natural home remedies for dry skin at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/dryskin.html
Cracking your knuckles is not the cause. I would say more likely, the dry, winter weather is the cause. You might make an appointment with a dermatologist if it gets too annoying.
try applying olive oil or baby oil mixed with a few drops of water all over your hands. Should help.
You should trying scrubbing them when you take a shower and then put on gold bond hand lotion. my husband did this for his elbows and it helped
Try applying emollient oil on the skin around your knuckles. Emollient oil that you can try are olive oil or emu oil. Read these two articles to see if emu oil contains the properties that may just do the trick for you


http://www.eczemaskintreatment.com/eczem鈥?/a>


http://www.eczemaskintreatment.com/emu-o鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment