Friday, August 20, 2010

My hands get really dry in the winter and lotion doesn't really work any ideas?

Try exfoliating them and then putting a heavy cream on your hands at night and cover your hands with cotton gloves. In the AM, your hands will be really soft and you can apply lotion throughout the day as needed.My hands get really dry in the winter and lotion doesn't really work any ideas?
For extra dry skin, you need something heavier than lotion.





A product that might work for you is Neutrogena Hand Cream ... you only need a little, but if you apply it more heavily before bed and let it work overnight ... and do this EVERY night, you will notice a difference. There are other cream-type products ... Eucerin is one. Another product is ';Udderly Smooth';, which is a thick cream (for feet, actually) that absorbs quickly into the skin.





You might even have some luck with a diaper-rash cream such as Desitin. Might want to wear socks or gloves on your hands, though!





Just try something in a cream (rather than lotion) formulation, and use it regularly. Slather it on generously at night. Throughout the day, use a light lotion, and try to avoid things that can cause your skin to dry (hot water, harsh soaps and cleaning-products, exposure to extreme cold and wind, etc.)My hands get really dry in the winter and lotion doesn't really work any ideas?
Lotion was not meant for hands and feet or face, it was meant for the body. The hands and feet need a thicker more concentrated base which they put in hands creams. I would suggest you pick you up a good hand cream, there are various types, so you will have to try a few to see what works for you. I ama nurse and I have to wash my hands alot and that dries them out so I use hand creams often. i like one they sale at Target and Vita Moist by Avon but the types and brands are many but when You find one carry it with you all the time and just put it on when you need it.
I like Lotil cream. It comes either in a jar or in a tube. I used to get cracks in my fingertips all winter, but applying this cream at bedtime helps heal them and keeps them from recurring. It's also effective for minor itches and sore spots.





Lotil cream is made in England. I get mine by mail order from the Vermont Country Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment