Friday, August 20, 2010

Should a Bass Player put Lotion on his/her hands?

I am curious if the lotion would soften the callus' on the finger tips and therefore defeat the purpose of praticingShould a Bass Player put Lotion on his/her hands?
be a man. lotion's for b*tches.Should a Bass Player put Lotion on his/her hands?
Use the lotion. it will sharpen the sound.
I played heavy metal bass for 20 yrs and didn't use lotion.
That's what I was thinking. My sister tried to teach me guitar but I never could get callous. Use it on every part but tips of your finger
my friend said that when he uses lotion, his fingers kill him when he plays.
lotion isn't usually a good thing for bass players. exspecially if your getting ready to play a gig. true slides might become easier, but staying on the frets is harder. callus' are a good thing, if you have them, cherish them. I'm a bass player and my callus' arn't great, but lotion tricks your body into producing less oils that keep your skin smooth and soft. basicly, you'd become dependent on lotion and that stuff ain't cheep.
i think lotion is bad for strings... on the bass or guitar or whatever... plus i find it difficult to keep my fingers on the strings if they have lotion on them... but that could just be me. hope this helps!
lotion is bad for the strings, plus it doesn't give u that feel to plucking the strings.


sure u might get cllus' but who doesnt?
You can use a light oil, it does not dry out and helps your fret hand slide easily.


Light oil is good for the wood on the neck of the guitar





Lotion will dry out and get sticky.


Also the lotion will form thick clumps in your strings, eventually dulling the tone..





Bass players are known to boil their strings , every so often to remove the built up crud in them.


Since they are expensive it is worth it ,


On a regular guitar ,the strings are tossed out when they get flat,

No comments:

Post a Comment