Monday, August 23, 2010

What is the best lotion for extremely dry hands?

I work in a restaurant as the dishwasher and my boss is old school so he bleaches EVERYTHING so im pretty much elbow deep in bleach for 5 hours every night. The other day i realized that the bleach is stripping all of the natural oils and moisture in my hands so they have stared to flake and sometimes peel. Im constantly drowning my hands with lotion every 20 - 30 mins but the stuff i use doesnt seam to do a good enough job.





Any body know a good and fragrant moisturizer on the market that is also relatively cheap and ca be bought in a Walgreens, walmart..ect?What is the best lotion for extremely dry hands?
Well using one with fragrance is only going to add to the problem because along with fragrance, comes skin drying alcohol. You should try the Aveeno Hand Cream or get some Udderly Smooth to use at night before you go to sleep. What is the best lotion for extremely dry hands?
I have super dry hands too. If i dont baby them, they can get to the point of cracking and bleeding. Especially in the winter.





I dont know about WalMart or Walgreens, but the best stuff I ever used is from the Body Shop and it is Hemp Lotion.


It's one of their best sellers and it works really well. It might be a little expensive, but i've had the tube for a really long time. I usually put it on when I go to bed and in the morning everything has healed right up. My husband uses it to for his dry knuckles and it also works really well for him.
Your boss should provide a commercial grade gloves for you. You probably need some heavy duty moisture locking barrier from the bleach getting into your skin. Moisturizer plus a barrier. Any lanolin based ones are good barriers, and the moisturizer ? get a store brand Cetaphil, Target %26amp; Walmarts have them, right beside the name brand Cetaphil.
This is available online and it's better than any lotion I ever used. It's call ';Bee Bar'; and it's a cake of lanonlin, beeswax, etc and it's scented like vanilla. You rub it on your hands and it's the best for dry skin. I work in the medical field so I am always washing my hands and using hand sanitizer which makes my skin crack in the wintertime. Get a Bee Bar and you won't want to be without one ever again.
Can you wear long kitchen gloves? That may help. I got some Goldbond Ultimate Softening lotion (with Shea butter so it smells good) at the drug store and I really like it. They also had Goldbond Ultimate Healing lotion. It's inexpensive and does a great job.
I use Aveeno. I have skin issues and this is the only one that really works for me.


You can also try Eucerin, which is thicker and a little more greasy.
Best thing I found when I was a waitress was pure lanolin. Is usually pretty darn cheap and can be found at most mom and pop corner drugstores or online at the link below.
Vaseline, just until you get enough moisture in them to then treat with lotions.
Neutrogena hand cream works wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment