Friday, August 20, 2010

What is the best lotion for cracked skin on hands? I use Jergens Skin So Soft daily and my hands still crack!

Utter cream. And yes I'm talking about cow utter cream. You can find it at any feed store and you just can't beat it. I have extremely dry skin and this stuff is great!What is the best lotion for cracked skin on hands? I use Jergens Skin So Soft daily and my hands still crack!
The best thing that I have found is Utter Balm. We use it on the ranch when milking our cows. The teats of a cow are exposed to more harsh weather then anything else that I know of. It works great and has been around for a long time. You can find it at feed and tack stores or even in a drugstore, Kmart, Wal-mart, or Target. If that doesn't work for you then try something with a high concentration of Lanolin in it. Lanolin is a natural oil found in Sheep's wool. I used to run my hands through the wool of our sheep when my hands got cracked.What is the best lotion for cracked skin on hands? I use Jergens Skin So Soft daily and my hands still crack!
Vaseline products for dry skin
Those skin lotions actually contain a lot of water, which will make your hands drier, not more moist! The best thing to do is rub your hands and other dry skin with baby oil or baby oil jell before going to bed at night. Do that every day and it will prevent cracking.
Eucerin cream, its like $7 a tub, but its the best, Walmart has the generic brand, I bought it. Its nice. Really thick and creamy and does not contain alcohol. My doctor told me most lotions contain alcohol. All doctors Ive went to recommen Eucerin cream. Ive used the eucerin for my feet too and its excellent.
Try Neutrogena's Hand cream (Norweigian Formular). It is very good. It is a high concentration formular and works a treat.





An excellent cream!!!!
You can use Quench by Olay it is desinged especially for rough skin on your hands
i use coco butter
Try Gold Bond, my fiance had the same problem as you and that is the ONLY thing that helped.
the best is neutrogena norwegian formula hand cream.


it's pretty thick and can be a bit greasy at first, but once it sinks in after a minute or two, then it's all better!





i use it as soon as i get a sign of dry skin!!! my mom is a nurse and she is constantly washing her hands and they get so dry....but after she uses that stuff they look great!





take care.
I love Nivea. It's greasy, but it works. Also Eucerin. Or you could use vaseline. Best suggestion is to slather your hands at night and put on cotton gloves (A pair of socks will do). It will keep the cream on your hands and keep your sheets clean. In the morning, your hands will be soft.
Glycomed
Apply a liberal amount of petroleum jelly to your hands just before you go to bed. By morning, they'll be soft and smooth.





Try this!


It works wonders!





Good Luck :)
Try Neutrogena - it's a gel almost- very good stuff!
lubriderm works best to me for cracked hands. That's what we use here at work.
Well if your skin is really dry and cracking, I would go with Nivea!!! - Its Great for that sort of thing!!!! And it doesnt get greasy or anything and it helps heal the dry skin. Another one I also like is St.Ives. They have a lot of different kind of lotions you can use. Hope this helps you stay skin soft! hehe : )
I use e45 cream, its specially made for dry skin, and its not scented so its suitable for sensitive skin
Aveeno Intensive hand cream - its the best .
Forget all the lotions





try smothering your whole body with





OLIVE OIL and see what a big difference it makes! just try for a week and see the difference. you will be soft and very silky ...
Palmers Cocoa Butter. Smells nice, too!
its called ';miracle hand repair'; you can order it online or buy it at bed bath and beyond.
Well, I believe you need something more than just preventing cracked hand skin.





Me and my girlfriend have tried quite a number of different hand lotions whenever we can (eg. Nivea, Neutrogena, Eucerin, Vaseline, Jergens,.....). The result? Some products are too greasy, some products causes my girlfriend's sensitive skin to itch, some products are slow to absorb or simply will not absorb into the skin whereas MOST products are too expensive and NOT WORTH THE PRICE.





Eventually we ended up in a lotion that is non-greasy, superb absorbant, adds moisture, very reasonable price, and contains honey. Why honey? Because:


1) It is a natural humectant.


2) Natural anti-bacterial properties.


3) Contains Vitamin B6, C, Thiamin, Riboflavin and Niacin


4) Contains antioxidants and amino acids.





You can just imagine how sweet-smelling and how effective the lotion is!!!





Pls feel free to contact me if anyone is interested.





Rgds,


Durian Lover


nwy888@yahoo.com.sg
If they are really cracked....go to walmart and invest in a Parrafin wax spa for your hands.....its a warmer that you melt oil infused wax in...the wax comes with it....dip your hands every night ....leave them in the mittens that also comes with it for a half hours or so...the longer the better....then remove wax and put on a good lotion...i like melalucas renew...or anything without fragrance or anything made for baby's that wont sting the open cracks....good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment