Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good lotion for dry hands due to frequent washings?

I babysit so I change a lot of diapers throught the day, which means I wash my hands a lot. I use hand sanitizer sometimes - but not after diaper changes - I feel it's cleaner to wash after something like that. Anyways, cuz of this my hands are extremely dry %26amp; are getting wrinkley looking from thr dryness - I'm in my late 20's %26amp; they look like 40 yr old hands. What is a good lotion that will help this?Good lotion for dry hands due to frequent washings?
try vaseline hand lotion its really good my step dad uses it because he works outside all day and his hands get dry and cracked it works well he also gave some for my uncle to try who washes his hands alot at work they both really like it so i'd give it a go you can get it from like asda or somewhere.Good lotion for dry hands due to frequent washings?
It鈥檚 heartening to read that you frequently wash your hands while caring for children - Good For you!! The problem you're experiencing is not, however, due to dryness of the skin - it's more likely due to inadequate RINSING off the soap that you use when washing your hands. Many health care practitioners have been 're-educated' regarding hand hygiene and proper RINSING after washing. This information has helped many nurses 'cure' their dishydrosis (dry skin which really wasn't dry - it was irritated and breaking down due to the chemicals in the soaps they used). We've even had a number of latex allergies miraculously 'cured' directly due to proper rinsing after washing. (90% of latex allergies are not actually allergies at all - they are directly due - again - to leaving significant amounts of hand cleanser on the skin - again - creating skin breakdown that is irritated by friction caused by glove wearing in health care settings. So - to sum up - before you buy in to a lot of hype about hand lotions - consider taking a few extra seconds to rinse after washing for a week or so and see if you, too, don't experience a remarkable alleviation of your symptoms.
I have very dry skin too. I have tried many products but the one I find the least irritating is Cetaphil Lotion. It absorbs pretty well so that you don't run around with greasy hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment