Monday, July 26, 2010

Good lotion for moms that wash their hands a lot?

My little dumpling has a stomach virus and I'm washing my hands a lot as I'm cleaning up his vomit and changing his diapers constantly. My hands are starting to get dry and my palms are starting to crack and peel. I tried baby lotion, cocoa butter lotion, and Jergens but my hands are still dry after i wash them and I'm having to reapply. Does anyone have any recommendations for a lotion that will actually help to bring some moisture back to my hands that won't wash right off?Good lotion for moms that wash their hands a lot?
Nivea, the kind in the tub it is thick and luxurious. I wait until nap time and plop it on then enjoy. Keep your head up ur dumpling will playing again in no time.Good lotion for moms that wash their hands a lot?
Yes - I don't know if they still have it or not, but I used to use Vaseline Intensive Care's Water Resistant Lotion. I used to work in fast food, and often had my hands in water from washing tables and dishes - my hands get dry in winter, but were even worse from the water. Someone suggested that lotion to me, so I tried it, and loved it! You can still feel it after you have your hands in water, no need to keep reapplying it like regular lotion.
You've received a lot of good suggestions, but I'll put my two-cents worth in anyway.





As a daycare provider, I wash my hands more per day than the average person or the average mother. I also live in Minnesota, so winters are extremely hard on my hands and they used to crack no matter what lotion I tried. (And I would try anything anybody suggested.)





What works best for me is Gold Bond Ultimate with Shea Butter. I love it and if I remember to put it on daily, my hands don't crack.





I also had a friend of mine just give me a bottle of lotion that she special orders from Walgreens. It's called Atrac-Tain Cream. The supposed secret ingredient in it is Urea. I haven't used it too long, but my hands haven't cracked using this cream either.





Hope this helps.
I don't know if there is any lotion out there that won't wash off, but the absolutely best lotion (and I've tried many) to bring instant relief to dry, cracked hands is Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion. I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old, and am constantly washing my hands, this really worked for me and seems to last a while.
its a bit sticky and messy, but you can try putting on petroleum jelly at night before bed. then using lubriderm (extra dry skin formula) during the day.
find some ';corn huskers lotion'; i know dairy farmers that live by this. it comes in a little yellow labeled bottle. probably able to find it at a co op near ur town.
I use Lubriderm. I started using it for my tattoos. I had never used it before because it's so expensive. But now I wont use anything else! :D
try going into body shop they are really helpful!





or you could try boots they have lots of dry hand cream








i would recommend norwegian formula hand cream.


xx
grapeseed oil
Lubriderm works good...but the best thing out rite now is aquaphor or eucerin!!!
  • facial lotion
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment