Saturday, July 24, 2010

How do I cure really dry hands besides using lotion?

I use two diffferent products.


1) Neosporin is an antibacterial ointment that works great to heal chapped lips, hands, etc. This is my favorite way to heal my skin whether chapped, dry, or cracking. It works fast and I sometimes use it preventitively. On occasion I place some on the post of my pierced earings as 'think' it may do some good. Notice I said think. Wal-Mart carries a generic brand with exact same medicinal ingredients.





2) You say no lotions but read on: Corn Huskers Lotion is VERY good. It is oil free and can be found in a strore such as Rite-Aid or Sav-On. Maybe Walgreens or Wal-Mart will carry it also. I had to ask for help to find the bottle (plastic shape like an old medicine bottle) because the bottle is so plain I could not find it. It has yellow cap/ green letters.... about 7 inches in height. Not greasy and it leaves zero residue. This was recommended to me by my physician.





BOTH of these products are my favorites.





You may also sleep at night with the neosporin on hands covered by gloves.- 99cent store cloth garden gloves work fine. I believe you will find improvement after the first night doing this.





Drink lots of water daily and take Omega 3 capsules. Spk with somone about the Omega 3s at the nutrition store.





Use latex rubber surgical type gloves when doing any work with the hands that can be irritating. I use them always for gardening, cleaning, and washing dihes.





I see someone mentioned udder cream. I worked in urology for many years and docs recommended this to patients with urinary incontinence (leaky bladder causing chapped irritated skin) and I have heard patients say it worked ok.How do I cure really dry hands besides using lotion?
try parrafin wax treatments, that oughta do it. good luck!!How do I cure really dry hands besides using lotion?
Give the hands a dip in Magnesium Sulfate solution for fifteen to twenty minutes every day.. Check your soles also for the same trend. This treatment is good for removing dead cells from the surface and also purifies the blood of toxins.If you notice general dryness of the skin, then having bath with this water helps tone up general skin condition also.Eat inexpensive , but good quality oil nuts like pea nuts roasted or pistachio occasionally to supply surfaces with natural oil.If the condition of dryness persists for long, there may be digestion disorders. Get it investigated
lotion wont cure really dry hands...you need to get hand cream..its the thickest stuff ever, but it has always cured my dry hands...neutrogena makes a hand cream and avon..if you know anyone who sells.
try some petroleaum jelly every night. Just a little otherwise it gets greasy. Also avoid washing dishes with hands, no matter what those bottles say, these detergents always wreck havok on hands. If you have no other option, after washing the dishes, wash your hands, try using a soap with vit e and then rub a bit of petroleum jelly after drying your hands. You can aslo purchase a sally hansen 'manicure in a minute' and use it every night until the time your hands become soft.
Try not to wash your hands too much, instead, go to Walmart and buy some Germ-X hand sanitizer, which has a moisturizer in it as well.
You could try taking Vitamin E.





Try to find out why they are so dry and then you can address the problem directly. Mine were really dry for a while and it turned out to be a medication I was taking. Also, some thyroid conditions can cause dryness. Best Wishes!
drink more water
Udder Cream . Or you can ask your dock for the cream that is used on burn victims. L

No comments:

Post a Comment