Saturday, July 24, 2010

I have really dry hands, and using lotion doesn't do anything for me. Any suggestions?

So, my hands are extremely dry, and I am insecure about even highfiving because this dryness has given me hands that look like a grandma's. I have tried every lotion known to man, but my hands remain really rough. I have tried putting vaseline on onvernight, but as soon as my hands get into the air again, they dry out. Am i just a freak?! Please give me suggestions for how to make my hands feel naturally soft!!!!!I have really dry hands, and using lotion doesn't do anything for me. Any suggestions?
What happens when you put your hands in warm water with mild dish soap like when doing the dishes. Doesn't that soften up your hands.I have really dry hands, and using lotion doesn't do anything for me. Any suggestions?
hmm ... this is going to sound weird but get some limon juice and add some sugar and rub it on your hands


besides removing the dryness it makes your hands super soft
Don't use hard soaps or liquids and use gold bond cream
1st off, if you drink anything with caffiene in it, lay off it for a while. Try and drink more water too.





Get some Corona Utter Cream, it comes in a yellow tube with a red cap. liberally apply it to your hands, then put non-latex gloves on and leave them overnight.





Do this for 3 to 5 nights, then follow up by using a nice hand lotion that you like the smell of (bath and bodyworks, etc) and keep it in your purse so you apply it whenever your hands feel dry again (if they do)





Taking a multi-vitamin would help also =) Best of luck!
Buy some Resinol if you can find it. Put some on before bed and don't be afraid to put a ton on, it won't rub off anywhere. By the next morning it will probably be gone. You're not a freak, by the way, it happens to a lot of people.
This is going to sound really weird but my dad and husband have to do this to their hands and feet. Put a good amount of lotion or vaselin on your hands right after you get out of the shower (your pores are still open if you have taken a warm shower or bath) then cover with thick socks. Do not allow the lotion to dry before putting the socks on. Gloves will not work. The socks keep the moisture in during the night. During the day apply lotion as needed. I have to do this to my feet during the winter and it works. My grandma used to use that plastic wrap then socks but i find that gets to hot. Good luck!
try crisco i saw it on tyra banks show
my hands also get dried but not as much but at times they fell like they are cracking... i say before you go to sleep leave your hands in a bowl filled with hot water let it sit the sry them and apply the vaseline or lotion of your choice*
Is the rest of your skin dry? I have a problem with dry skin too, and my hands only stay moisturized for a short period of time. I think this is also because I wash my hands frequently. I put lotion on my hands every time I wash them so it counteracts the soap trying them out. I would buy a quality humidifier and keep it running all through winter. Do you take burning hot showers? That also will dry out your skin.





Last resort: see a dermatologist.
Try seeing a dermatologist they can precribe creams that you can't get over the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment