Saturday, July 24, 2010

My hands get SO DRY in the Winter..what lotion is the best?

My hands always get SO dry during the winter from me washing them a lot at work. The air gets cold and dry and then my hands start to crack and bleed and get extremely dry, red and irritated. They get extremely itchy and they hurt so bad. Every time I put lotion on them they burn even more...and a lot of the lotion doesn't help. What do y'all suggest is the best lotion with no scent and something that won't make the open cracks in my skin irritated or burn? THANK YOU!!My hands get SO DRY in the Winter..what lotion is the best?
Go the nearest bodyshop or online at www.thebodyshop.com. Look for hand rescue cream. It works awesome. I had this problem when i lived in Wyoming for a while.My hands get SO DRY in the Winter..what lotion is the best?
neutrogena hand lotion in the small tube. it works so well and you only need a little bit. I used to live in a cold climate and i've used it ever since.
I have the exact same problem. I asked the pharmacist and he recommended keri and it works pretty good. Sometimes I use my daughters baby lotion. I think it's called Johnsons Naturals. It's in a green bottle. I would also suggest lathering your hands with vaseline at night and putting gloves on. That helps alot if you can stand to wear the gloves all night long. They make thin ones that you can find like where the bath pillows and stuff are at Walmart. Hope this helps.
take oliw oil on them put plastic bags over and some cotton socks over them sleep like this and your hands will get so soft and not dry....lotion will only mak it even more dry...so only use oliw oil....
get some uddercream. seriously. best stuff in the world, they use it on chapped cow udders, but so many people started using it for the symptons you have, they sell it in regular stores now. if you decide to go for a regular lotion, you DON';t want to get one that has water as the first ingredient, that is only going to dry you out more, though it may feel good when you first put it on. get something with lanolin, or alo vera, or even petrolium or another oil as the first ingredient. i use old chapsticks that i would put on my lips any more on my dry elbows and feet, it works good, keeps me from wasting money, and is just as good or better than vasoline...which would work, too. one thing i do with feet is put some on before i put my socks on, and it seems to soften the dry cracked skin faster, and i have read articles that suggest if you have problems with your hands, put something on when you go to bed and wear mittens or gloves or even little baggies for the same reason, but that would drive me insane trying to sleep.
there is a creme for skin irritations prescribed by a doctor. I don't have the name right now but it works. or use hydrocortizone and lubriderm. also dont wash with hot water.
Gold Bond for dry itchy skin.
I have tried most on the market and end up back with Ultra Healing Jergens Lotion. I always apply lots while my hands are wet and rub it in until it is dry.





The Udder Cream is good at night with socks on your hands while sleeping. You can buy that at farm and animal feed stores.





You could possibly have a fungal problem and need to see the Dr. for a prescription for some type of ointment. Chappy hands and fungus together just makes it imposible to heal.
So many different answers here! What works well for one skin doesn`t work well for another persons. BUT......try anything with Q10 in it, like Nivea. Q10 really is a good moisteriser.
A dermatologist-friend of mine likes Cetaphil. I've tried it and it's great for dry skin. It is available over the counter.
LUBRIDERM

No comments:

Post a Comment