Monday, July 26, 2010

What is the best lotion to keep your hands from drying an cracking when you have to wear rubber gloves a lot?

as a firefighter.paramedic have to wear rubber gloves an my hands dry an crackWhat is the best lotion to keep your hands from drying an cracking when you have to wear rubber gloves a lot?
Honestly, especially in your profession, I wouldn't use just any lotion since you deal with such a wide range of people who may or may not have any given allergies or conditions that might prove harmful...I would recommend you check with your nearest Emergency Room recommendations...if I were your charge, I would want to know that you took every possible means to protect yourself...and me...What is the best lotion to keep your hands from drying an cracking when you have to wear rubber gloves a lot?
Eucerin or Keri Lotion
Vaseline, just put a glob on before sleeping.
I get my husband Vaseline Intensive Rescue. He likes it.
Keri lotion.
OK, now this may sound a little girly but it helps...trust me.





You can use on a daily (as often as you need) basis Lubriderm Intense Skin Repair body lotion.





Go to Bath and Body Works and get a product called ';Look Ma, New Hands!'; and use them with the gloves that you wear overnight (also at Bath and Body Works in the ';True Blue Spa collection section). You don't have to wear the gloves overnight if you don't want to, but you can wear them for about a half hour to get a good effect. They also have them for feet too!





Trust me...it works wonders! Take if from a compulsive hand washer!
vitamin e cream. it has alot of healthy oils. or try a gardener's cream
Ecurine calming cream.... i don't know about the glove business but my husband and son have eczema and that helps
I feel your pain. I work as a Surgical Technologist. I have a similar problem. I like Aveda Hand Relief. It is a little on the expensive side, but it doesn't take much, is not heavily perfumed, not greasy and does not wash of completely the first time your hands get wet. I have a problem with palmar eczema in the winter months and this is the only thing that has helped. In fact, for the past two winters, I have had minimal break outs.





If your hands are really dry and cracked, get you some petroleum jelly (Vaseline makes a 'cream' Vaseline petroleum jelly) and put it on at bedtime with a pair of gloves. If you don't want to sleep in the gloves, put the Vaseline on with the gloves and somehow warm your hands. (I call this the poor mans hot wax treatment) It really works great.





Good luck with those hands.
I work in health care and wash my hands more times than I could count. My hands were always bleeding in my gloves and a local farm girl told me to buy Udderly Smooth cow udder cream, sounds weird but it works absolute wonders. I didn't think the human lotion by that brand worked as well, but the stuff for cows did the trick. Can be picked up at most farm supply stores.
try avon or bath %26amp; body works.


hope this helps :]

No comments:

Post a Comment