Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hello, I have a problem with my hands. they're peeling pretty badly, and i put lotion on them all the time. ?

Does anyone else hands do this or should i be worried?...its rather annoying and unattractive. HELP!Hello, I have a problem with my hands. they're peeling pretty badly, and i put lotion on them all the time. ?
Here's a neat trick, soak your hands in warm water for about 15-20 minutes, then apply a different hand lotion (I would suggest going to a store like Bath and Body Works or Body Shop instead of a drug store commercial brand) you may be allergic to certain types of chemcials in the hand lotion you are curently using; to them and wrap them in plastic wrap. The heat from your hands will help to absorb the hand lotion moefficientlytly. Repeat this once a day and overnight and your hand should look and feel better.





Also, if you work around chemicals at work, carbon fibers, coal tar, or whatever, chek the MSDS from your safety department and find out if the condition is work related which sometimes causes skin peeling





Also whenever you work with any detergents, dish soaps, gardening, cold weather that may chap your skin, always wear gloves and always carry small bottles of hand lotion with you wherever you go, at work, in your house, in the car, and place a small bottle in every handbag, purse you own so that you don't have to remember to transfer the bottle from bag to bag.





If your skin doesn't clear up, you might want to talk to a dermatologistist, this might even be a good idea now to see if you have any medical problems with your hands and why are they peeling. She may prescibe a prescriptionion strength hand lotion or anti-biotic.Hello, I have a problem with my hands. they're peeling pretty badly, and i put lotion on them all the time. ?
Put lotion on them before bed, and wear gloves. It sounds very weird, but it locks in the moisture and you should notice a difference in about a week. Use a moisturizer that is unscented and made specifically for dry hands. Aveeno makes a great one that last 24 hours, is non-greasy, and stays on through washing.





Good luck!
My finger tips are doing the same thing. I just talked to my doctor yesterday,%26amp; she said that i should take ';once a day'; that will help w/ my finger tips,also some dry patches that i have on my arms. Try that i hope it helps, I know how it feels %26amp; looks.



my hands do it to but i noticed it gets worse when i bar soap in the shower so now i use liquid body wash that's for sensitive skin and its not as bad as it was. or if i wash my hands to much it also gets worse.
There is some sea salt product that you can rub on your hands and it exfoliates them.. I forgot what it's called but you can look it up on the web. Also, try Eucerin hand cream or vaseline. They're really good products.
Try silicone glove from Avon and white cotton gloves at night. Do you work a job that puts your hand in constant contact with water and cleaner? If so silicone glove will help if you use it morning and night.
I have that problem too sometimes its because your stressed out. promise there is no need to worry but theres really no cure for it. it should get better though.








hope this helped.
my feet do it in the winter...





soak your hands in warm water for about 5 minutes then rub them with a pumice stone..it'll take away all the dead skin!
It could be a certain type of fungus i would have it checked out
see a doctor about that

No comments:

Post a Comment