Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good lotion for dry hands due to frequent washings?

I babysit so I change a lot of diapers throught the day, which means I wash my hands a lot. I use hand sanitizer sometimes - but not after diaper changes - I feel it's cleaner to wash after something like that. Anyways, cuz of this my hands are extremely dry %26amp; are getting wrinkley looking from thr dryness - I'm in my late 20's %26amp; they look like 40 yr old hands. What is a good lotion that will help this?Good lotion for dry hands due to frequent washings?
Aveeno-Oatmeal is a wonder for dry skin.Good lotion for dry hands due to frequent washings?
Hemp hand protector from the Body Shop! It's amazing and will almost coat your hand so that the washing doesn't dry as much. You might want to try a wash like cetaphil that is a good cleanser, but not drying. Also sleep with muslin gloves on after loading your hands with the moisturizer.
My husband has eczema and he bought some Cetaphil creme for his bad spots, I though, hmmmm, let me give that a try. It works great!! I wash my hands a lot too while caring for my daugther and when I have to pump at work, etc. So the backs of my hands were so dry and irritated. I used that Cetaphil creme for a few nights and I can already see an improvement. They also make soap, which has done wonders for my husband's eczema. Worth a try. We buy these products at Wal-Mart, but I'm sure you can find them at most drug stores. Good luck!
Cocoa Butter
This is going to sound totally wacked out...but it sounds to me like you wash your hands TOO much.





Maybe tone it down a little bit..and use any of those Maximum Therapy lotions for dry/cracked hands.





There's a lotion called: ';Utter Balm';...that's right...like the nipple cream they use on milking cows. I think that stuff is really good.
I worked in a restaurant before, where I was constantly using sanitizer, having my hands in dishwater, and having my hands in water to wash down the tables. Someone suggested I try Vaseline Intensive Care Water Resistant lotion, and that helped a lot for me.
The Eucerin is good stuff; however if your hands are really dried out ask your Dr for prescription Lac-Hydrin 12%. I have always had really dry skin, but when I was stationed in the Saudi Dessert nothing helped until the Doc hooked me up with the Lachydrin! If you do get it, remember it is strong medicine! It will sting when you apply it, and never, ever get it in your eyes!
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion is what I use. I have extremely dry skin and it helps alot. It also works for 24 hours. You can get it everywhere. Grocery stores, drug stores, and walmart, target, kmart.
I tried some good (but expensive) stuff from Crabtree and Evelyn called ';Gardeners Hand Cream'; it's pricey but it's the best cream I've ever used on my hands. I highly recommend it.
Eucerin Aquaphor!!! I can't recommend it enough!! My hands were cracked and bleeding because my son was born in the winter %26amp; I was washing my hands 25 times a day... that stuff works wonders.
Eucerin.





I have bottles of it everywhere. It's a tad more expensive than other lotions, but well worth the cost. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment